OK, so let me let you in on a little secret- these mutt maki rolls are not only easy and vegan, they're also super packed with protein, iodine and healthy fats and are crazy cheap to make.
What you'll need:
- 1-2 cups of (pre soaked, rinsed and cooked) quinoa
- 1-2 tbsp good quality rice vinegar (1 tbsp per cup of quinoa made)
- nori seaweed sheets
- 1 bamboo rolling mat (I got mine for $1)
- sliced avocado
- sliced assortment of 2-3 of whatever fruits/veg & sprouts that you and your doggo love the most! We love to use: cucumber, pickled beets, broccoli sprouts, mango, steamed carrots, purple cabbage and collards.
- coconut aminos
Instructions: **If you don't know how to make maki, youtube a quick video!
- Once your quinoa is cooked, let it cool completely. Then add in the rice vinegar and stir.
- Lay out your bamboo rolling mat and place your nori sheet on top.
- Add a layer of quinoa (thickness pending on preference) onto the nori and leave about an inch of space at the top of the sheet.
- Place your sliced avo, veggies and/or sprouts on top of the quinoa, down the middle of the nori (the direction you're rolling in) and roll.
- Slice the rolls with a sharp knife and wipe the knife with a wet cloth between every slice (otherwise the quinoa will stick to the knife).
- Top with a bit of coconut aminos (add some sriracha and/or Vegannaise for the hoo-man rolls only!) and ENJOY!