1. Can your treats be taken in lieu of medication?
No. Heal Doggy treats provide nutrients and added supplements that can help boost or maintain your dogs' health. However, we do not promise to cure any existing health problems.
2. What do I do with the residue at the bottom of the bag?
There are many ways to be creative with it so that it doesn't go to waste (mix it with coconut kefir, stir it into a smoothie, etc), but we typically just use it as a topper for meal time. An extra boost!
3. Can I feed these to my dog everyday?
Yes, of course! Be mindful of your dog's size when determining just how much you give them. As an example, Opie is 57 lbs and gets anywhere from 0-10 per day. Varying the different kinds is helpful if you're concerned your dog is getting too much of a specific type of supplement or ingredient. You know your dog but we recommend you consult with your veterinarian if you're unsure.
4. What does upcycled mean?
It means we repurpose organic fruit and vegetable pulp from a Canadian cold-pressed juicery. They would otherwise discard the pulp as waste but we turn it into beautiful healthy treats!
5. Do you think dogs should be vegan?
Unless there's a diagnosed genetic issue or an acute allergy, here at Heal Doggy we recognize that dogs are naturally carnivores. However, we're not in a time where our dogs are catching their prey in the wild. In our opinion, the meat and animal by-product industries are wreaking havoc on our earth and, seemingly, our pets' bodies. We believe that complementing carnivorous meals with vegan treats could actually create a sizeable positive impact. And now that Heal Doggy is up and running, we are confident we will make a larger impact together!
6. What is the shelf life of your treats?
Our Dog Eats should last up to 12 months if unopened and stored in a dry environment at room temperature, away from direct sunlight. Once opened, they should be refrigerated for maximum freshness and should last up to 6 months.
7. Do you ship outside of Canada?
Not right now...But we will, and when we do, you'll be the first to know!
8. What if I'm not satisfied with your product?
Oh no! Then please pass it along to another pup who may enjoy it. Please be sure to let us know how we could've made your experience better!
9. Where else can I purchase your products?
Farmacia Organic Juice Bar- Toronto, ON
Kamomile's Holistic Haven- Toronto, ON
Noah's Natural Food Store- Toronto, ON (King Street West)
The Bone House- Toronto, ON
Shop Good Boy- Vancouver, BC
Updog Boutique- Winnipeg, MA
If you happen to be shopping in the GTA for clean, local meats for your dog, we're available through www.houndsonraw.com Just tack some treats onto your food order!
10. Can I freeze the Dog Eats?
Yes, of course! Freezing the treats changes the mouth feel and texture for your pup. It is a great way to jazz them up as a cold treat in the warmer months. It also helps the treats last their longest!
11. What if my dog just doesn't like the treats?
Your dog's turning his/her nose up at the Dog Eats? Our experience is that most dogs gobble them up immediately! However, like any new food added to a diet, some dogs may take a little longer to come around to the new scents, textures and tastes. Try breaking them up into smaller pieces (especially if your pup is a dainty eater, a puppy or just a smaller breed). Or crush the treats and sprinkle them on top of your dog's food to add variety to their meals while introducing the new flavours slowly.
12. Will you be at any farmers markets or dog based events in 2019?
- Sorauren Market, every other Monday, starting May 20th
- Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market, every other Saturday, starting May 11th
- Leslieville Market, every other Sunday, starting May 12th
- The Bone House 10th Anniversary Party - Saturday July 27th, Toronto
- Toronto Humane Society's Paws in the Park- Saturday August 10th, Toronto
- Etobicoke Humane Society's Leashes by the Lake- Saturday September 21st, Toronto