1. Can your treats be taken in lieu of medication?
Unfortunately, no. Heal Doggy provides nutrients and added supplements that can help try and boost or maintain your dogs' health. However, we do not promise to cure any existing health problems.
2. What do I do with the dust at the bottom of the bag?
There are a bunch of ways to be creative with the dust so that it doesn't go to waste (mix it with coconut kefir, stir it into a smoothie, etc), but we typically just use it as a topper for meal time that always goes down a treat!
3. Can I feed these to my dog everyday?
Yes, of course! Be mindful of your dog's size when determining just how much you give them. Only you can know your dog. Feel free to consult with your veterinarian if you're unsure. As an example, Opie is 57lbs and gets anywhere from 0-10 per day. Varying the different kinds is helpful too if you're concerned your dog is getting too much of a specific type of supplement or ingredient.
4. What does upcycled mean?
It means we repurpose organic fruit and vegetable pulp from a Canadian cold pressed juicery (that would otherwise discard the pulp as waste) and turn it into beautiful healthy treats!
5. Do you think dogs should be vegan?
Unless there's a diagnosed genetic issue or an acute allergy, here at Heal Doggy we believe that dogs are carnivores. However, we're not in a time where our dogs are catching their prey in the wild and the meat and animal-by product industries are wreaking havoc on our earth (and seemingly, our pets' bodies). So, I figured a small effort of complementing carnivorous meals with vegan treats could actually create a sizeable positive impact. And now that Heal Doggy is up and running I know we can create an even larger impact together!
6. What is the shelf life of your treats?
Our Dog Eats are preserved by dehydrating for 12 hours and contain zero additives. They should last up to 12 months if unopened and stored in a dry environment at room temperature (away from direct sunlight). Once opened, however, they should be refrigerated for maximum freshness, and should last up to 6 months.
7. Do you ship outside of Canada?
Not right now...But we will, and when we do, you'll be the first to know!
8. What if I'm not satisfied with your product?
Well then please pass it along to another pup or person who may enjoy it and be sure to let us know how we could've made your experience better!
9. Where else can I purchase your products?
We're currently available at Farmacia Organic Juice Bar, Kamomile's Holistic Haven, Noah's Natural Food Store (King Street West) and Bark & Meow Pet Supplies in Toronto, ON. As well as Shop Good Boy in Vancouver, BC. And if you happen to be shopping for clean, local meats for your dog, in the GTA, we're available through www.houndsonraw.com (just tack some treats onto your food order!).
10. Can I freeze the Dog Eats?
Yes, of course! Freezing the treats changes the mouth feel and texture for your pup and is a great way to jazz them up in the warmer months. It also helps the treats last their longest!
11. What if my dog just doesn't like the treats?
So your dog's turning his/her nose up at the Dog Eats! You have a few options. We've noticed while sampling our treats that most dogs gobble them up immediately! However, some dogs who aren't used to fresh foods take a little longer to come around to the new scents, textures and tastes. Don't be afraid to break them up into smaller pieces (especially if your pup is a dainty eater, a puppy or just a smaller breed). You can also feel free to crush up the treats and sprinkle them on top of your dog's food to add variety to their meals and introduce the new flavours slowly.
12. Will you be at any farmers markets or dog based events in 2019?
- Sorauren Market, every other Monday, starting May 20th
- Evergreen Brick Works Farmer's Market, every other Saturday, starting May 11th
- Leslieville Market, every other Sunday, starting May 12th
- The Bone House 10th Anniversary Party - Saturday July 27th, Toronto
- Toronto Humane Society's Paws in the Park- Saturday August 10th, Toronto
- Etobicoke Humane Society's Leashes by the Lake- Saturday September 21st, Toronto